Professor Roya Kelishadi is specialist in Pediatrics, working as a faculty member of Isfahan University of Medical Sciences in Iran. Over her 25-year career, she focused on primordial/primary prevention of non-communicable diseases. She is the founder and chair of the Research Institute for Primordial Prevention of Non-Communicable Disease, as well as the founder and chair of the Child Growth and Development Research Center affiliated to Isfahan University of Medical Sciences. She is also the founder and Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of Preventive Medicine.
She combines her clinical and research background for prevention and control of risk behaviors and risk factors of adult diseases from the pediatric age. Her studies are focused on lifestyle and environmental factors related to the early life origins of adult chronic diseases. Moreover, her studies have highlighted the role of environmental pollutants and obesogen chemicals on the development of obesity and metabolic syndrome.
She has been awarded several times at national and provincial levels. From 2014 till now, she has been one of the top 1% scientists of the ISI Thomson Reuters. She has more than 750 papers in peer-reviewed journals. She has published 29 books including international books and chapters.
She had more than 400 presentations in congresses, and has been the international guest speaker in some of them. She has served as WHO temporary adviser for prevention and control of childhood obesity and for primary prevention of non-communicable diseases.
-Presidential Award in the National Razi Research Festival, as the first rank scientist in clinical sciences at national level (2018)
- Presidential award of the Deputy for Science and Technology as the Distinguished National Scientist (2017)
- Top National Researcher of the recent decade, Iranian Academy of Medical Sciences (2016)
- National top researcher, national Abureyhan congress (2015)
- Honorary Diploma of the National Academy of Science as the top national researcher (2014)
- Presidential Award in the National Razi Research Festival, as the founder and director of the Child Growth and Development Research Center as the distinguished research center at national level (2013)
- Presidential Award in the National Razi Research Festival, as the Editor-in-Chief, of the first ranked biomedical journal at national level (2010)
-Presidential Award for first rank National researcher, Razi Research festival (2008)
- Number one Award of Medical Council of Islamic Republic of Iran for being nominated as Outstanding Physician of the year (2004)
- Number one Award of Medical Council of Social Security Organization for being nominated as Distinguished Pediatrician of the year (2002)
-Award of the Isfahan Governor General for being nominated as Provincial Distinguished Researcher of the year (2004,2005,2007,2009, and 2012)
- Award of Isfahan University of Medical Sciences for being the first rank researcher of the year (2006,2007,2009, and 2011)
- Nominated as top 1% highly cited of the world scientists (2014 to 2018)
Specialty in Pediatrics, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences (1992)
MD, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences (1987)
-Grant funded in 2004 by the World Health Organization (WHO) Regional Office in Eastern Mediterranean Region for the project entitled: "Initiatives for physical activity in sedentary adolescent girls"
-Grant funded in 2003 by the World Health Organization (WHO) Regional Office in Eastern Mediterranean Region for the project entitled School-based and Community Linked Intervention for Non-Communicable Disease Prevention from Childhood at national level.
-Several national grants